Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hippity Hop, Spring IS on its way!

Yay!!! Our temps finally rose above freezing yesterday! It appears for the moment that the icy grip of winter has released its hold. We have seen a tremendous dip in the snow pack and in spots can even see DIRT! Praise the Lord!!!

I am coming down with a serious case of spring fever. The tomatoes are getting pretty tall and have lots of leaves now. They really grow fast under artificial light. Its amazing when I check on them each morning and afternoon how much they have grown in such a short time. I can't wait to get out and start digging in some dirt :)

It seems the whole neighborhood was out last night enjoying the warmer weather. Neighbors brought out their dirt bikes and where ripping up and down the street (we live by a river so off road vehicles are permitted on the streets) We are still considering buying 4 wheelers and since it looks like we will be here for another couple years we may as well start enjoying it here. I know I have been nothing but bad vibage since we arrived...I am now pledging to make an effort to be POSITIVE and look at the good things here and stop focusing on the not so greats. (I may need some reminding of this pledge)

I am still debating what camera to purchase. I would love to move up to a digital SLR but I am so SCARED of picking the wrong one! I hate to spend all that money and wish I'd gotten a different model or brand. I have had several point and shoot digital cameras over the years and I really love the Canon Powershot 6 meg that I have now but it just doesn't have the clarity that I would like for portraits and nature shots. I am also scared of the SLRs because of all the different lenses and the possibility of getting dirt on the main body. Plus I've never been good with math and all that lingo about depth of field and aperture is confusing...I just want a camera that takes a good picture when I push the button. I've always wanted a Canon Rebel but the cost is way up there and then you have the lenses...the multitude of lenses. Why are there so many choices? Which ones are the best? I would like to purchase a new camera to take along for our family vacation next week...time is running out. Soon we will have spring flowers to capture when nature explodes into color and I don't want to miss a single shot. Please help!

No comments: