Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Camera!


I did it! I ordered a new camera. After much debate and research I have gone back to my original game plan...a battery powered backup camera to the one I currently have. I love the ease of use and slim design of the Canon ELPH? and the kids can use it too. I just can't spend over $500 for a camera that will require another $500 to get the lens I need to take the kind of photo that I am looking for. I want something that I can take close ups(macros) and long distance shots (telephoto) without worrying about changing lenses or carrying around a bag full of equipment. I don't think I'm ready to go there yet...someday maybe but not right now.


So what did I get? Ok, well obviously you probably KNOW the answer to that already...I ordered a Canon A570IS from Amazon. For $169.71 I got a 7 meg camera and a 2 gig memory card + overnight shipping...it should arrive by Friday. I will certainly be doing lots of practice shots on my favorite subjects as soon as it arrives. Of course that won't be too hard since my kids LOVE the camera...if you have not figured that out already. I also love that this camera has video...yes I have 2 nice camcorders but it seems I use my cameras a lot more than I ever do the camcorders. It's just more convenient and easier to download.

I can't wait to get outdoors and shoot some nice "green" shots. Its a bit slushy and grey out right now, but no complaints here that means that the snow is MELTING!!! Hoooray!

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

woo-hoo....good for you! ;)

prechrswife said...

I'm sure you will enjoy it. We have an older Canon, and it is a great little camera.