Friday, September 29, 2006

What do you mean there's no buffet at this hotel???

Our first week back has been quite a rough one. We wake on SOFT beds and have to make our own breakfast! The beds in China ARE as hard as concrete but I swear I slept better for those two weeks than I ever have in my life! Every day this week I wake with about a dozen aches and pains and the distinct feeling that I didn't rest very well. In China I was up with Jaiden at 6 am ready to go! Now we are both exhausted and grumpy and can't seem to get into a very good sleeping pattern.

Monday my body decided to finally catch up to me and give me a Migraine too! YUCK! Nauseus pounding in the eyes, had to go lie down in a dark room and veg - not my cup of tea when there is a baby in the house that wants to play. I think my body finally was saying "It's ok to drink the water here now drink up!" I was a bit dehydrated - you have to make a concientious effort to hydrate in China and when you are on the go all the time lugging big bottles of water around is not always efficient.

It is now Friday and I can't believe we have been home for nearly a week already! We are getting settled in very well in spite of sleep deprivation. The boys adore their sis and love to hang out with her and play...and she equally adores them too!
Things are starting to settle into a routine - and it feels just right to have pink baby socks mixed in with boy socks :) Life is good!

No comments: