Friday, August 17, 2007

Heat wave???

Do I live on another planet??? I just turned up the HEAT in our house this morning before grabbing my morning coffee (the temps are hovering around 50) and then sit down and read the news that "Heat wave kills 37 in South and Midwest" What is going on???? The few days of summer here have only been in the 90s and yesterday there was quite a little nip in the air. It felt like fall. Since we JUST started getting summerish temps I am not ready for fall. This means winter is one its way. Winter is bad juju for me. I don't do the cold. If I seem mentally unstable now, I don't know what I'll be like this winter. Is there a drug that makes one feel like they are in a tropical paradise? I need that one. Yeah, I know I need a reality check.

I don't understand how someone can get too hot unless they are working outside and not keeping hydrated. I would much rather get down to my skivies and take a dip in a pool, river or lake than to feel chilled and have to put on a sweater. I am starting to hate my winter clothes already. Actually, I had every intention of getting rid of every stitch of winter clothing that I owned once we left Germany. Hmmmm...I think I should stop thinking. Or start thinking about ice since every thought I have seems to go the reverse route in my reality.

Anway, I hope wherever in the world you are today that you are having a good day. It's FRIDAY!!!! Time to have some fun.

1 comment:

digging a hole to China said...

trade you, any day of the year. 106 just isn't me.

wish we lived close enough to visit. and for me to enjoy some cool temps.

mk