Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trash to Treasure

Today when I got home from work I noticed that my oldest son was about to throw out some blotchy bananas (after my shock wore off and I stopped mumbling "you gotta cook something with these") my youngest son suggested we make banana bread. (He loves to help me cook) We tried a new recipe since we only had 2 bananas. It turned out great...it's almost all gone already after just a few minutes out of the oven. Try it!

Banana Bread (Preheat oven to 375)
1/2 c. Butter (1 stick) melted
1 c. sugar
Cream butter and sugar

Add 2 eggs, 2 cups mashed bananas, 1 tsp lemon juice
Blend Well.

Sift together 2 c flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch of salt
Add to mixture and beat well. Bake in a small well greased loaf pan for about 50 - 60 min. (I could only wait for about 48 min and the top was just a bit too mushy still so modify this to your own taste)

It smells so good and tastes so yummy. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: