Thursday, November 23, 2006

If we live, we are living for the Lord, and if we die, we are dying for the Lord. Romans 14:8

Scott's Dad has terminal cancer.

This is by far the hardest post I've ever had to write. The past two weeks have been a blur since we heard that news. Scott is going to apply for a humanaitarian assignment to Grand Forks, ND which is only 3 hrs away from his home town and if it goes through we could be out of here in as little as 2-3 weeks. The past weeks have brought back vivid memories of my childhood, where as a 9 year old I watched my stepdad literally melt before my eyes from terminal lung cancer. This is not going to be easy.

So kleinsingermany will become...kleinsindakota? I am a southern girl (75 and up is my comfort zone)not too familiar with the frozen tundra of the northern hemisphere. From what I'm hearing it can get to temps of -80 degrees!!! I've decided that if at all possible I will set up a "tropic zone" in the basement with sun lamp and even the smell of pina colada in the air - I may even put in some sand for good measure :) It will be my "sun room" - so if anyone hears of any good deals on home tanning beds please pass them my way ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Scott's dad. I hope your family IS able to get the reassignment closer to Scott's family.