Friday, November 03, 2006

Frost is on the pumkins ;)

We woke up yesterday to a blanket of white frost. I think winter has officially arrived (Jared was soooo excited to see white) and giggled like crazy at me while I scraped the ice from the windows of my car! He thought that was the coolest thing!

I'm not sure if I am really ready for this but I do not want to be in the funk that I've been in for the past two years....so I am going to TRY to find the positives in all this...besides it being our last winter here ;)

I vow to get out in spite of the cold and do some traveling. I've always wanted to go to Italy and by golly I am going to do it!!! Don't know how or when yet but at least getting there is now my goal.

Days are short and everyone in this family is taking turns being sick so at some point there is someone to nurse at all times...including myself, I've had a terrible headache for 3 days and now my ears are starting to drain and I am getting a toothache and sore throat. Great! I really can't afford to be sick when my family needs me. I will drink lots of tea and hopefully shake it off quickly.

We finally got packages in the mail - party supplies (for the party we had two weeks ago) and Jaiden's halloween costume (a very adorable caterpillar) I did some Christmas shopping online only to find out as I was checking out that they won't deliver to an APO address UGH! I'm thinking we will have an old fashioned Christmas this year. There is just no time to go shopping after work so we will have to make the best of what we have and enjoy the time we have together.

1 comment:

rgshrs said...

Enjoying being together is the most important part of the holidays anyway, the rest is just bonus. I'm sure it will be a great Christmas, despite shipping issues! Don't sweat the small stuff right?? Can I come to Italy too??LOL> I wish. 2 MORE years here, yeah I'm still bitter! oh well. Best wishes!