Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saying Farewell

Today is a sad day. I just found out my cousin Pam passed away yesterday afternoon. She has been suffering for quite a while from a kidney disease but it is still so sad to have her gone. This makes the 3rd cousin (close to my age)that I've lost since we arrived here in Germany. So the feeling of getting farther away from family grows every day. Someday we will not have the ones that actually talk to us (Moms, Aunts etc) then what family will we have??? It is sad. Sad that we used to be so close and now are so far away from each other and don't do whatever it is that needs to be done to close that gap more often. I've tried to reach out through my websites and blogs but don't ever hear from anyone in return. I just don't know what else to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin Pam. It IS hard to lose a loved one, and being so far from family at such a time is difficult, too. Hugs to you! - Tara from w. KY, group 120B

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I'm so sorry...try to hang in there. Michelle

rgshrs said...

Kim,
wish I had some answers for staying close to family when we're so far away, unfortunately it's never an easy thing to accomplish. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your cousin.

~Monica