Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Day at the Ocean

Jared had his end of year program at school today. We got there just seconds before it began and I rushed in to save our seats but Dad slipped into a seat in the back instead. After looking around the room and spotting me Jared's face broke into a huge grin and as the teacher is announcing the program he calls out in a very loud voice "hey DAD! Why don't you go sit down beside MOM" I don't think there was any doubt whom HIS parents were! The kids all did an outstanding job singing and dancing. Jared was quite a character and during the "crabby claws" moment he was "pinching" the crabbie ears of the kid in front of him. At one point I thought he might fall off the "stage" he was bouncing up and down and wiggling all about so much. He has a LOT of energy! Later the teacher said that he had memorized everyone's line in the play. Way to go Jared! We had punch and cookies for refreshment afterwards and then the children were dismissed to go home early.

2 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Too funny...and a little embarassing, I would think!

I once had my son's baseball coach yell at me in the middle of the game (very loudly and it everybody stopped talking/moving). When I looked at him, he said, "I just thought you might want to see your son bat." I wanted to crawl under the dugout!

Hope you're having a great long weekend...

Steffie B. said...

Did I miss something???/ Which blog should I be looking at? The other one or this one! ;)