Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Jared!


Wednesday Update
Jared turned 6 today!!!

He woke early - at around 6 am. I was making coffee in the kitchen when he walks up and gives me a hug so I sang him the happy birthday song and his smile was ear to ear.

I promised him I would bring the cupcakes that I had made the day before to his class and have lunch with him so that got him off to school in a happy mood.

The day was perfect! Very sunny and WARM...ok well maybe it was HOT :) the temps were mid 80s by mid morning. when I arrived at his school the kids were just lining up with their trays and heading outside to eat on the grass. Jaiden and I got the cupcakes set up and headed out to sit with Jared for lunch. It was so fun to hang out with the 5 year olds - they are so sweet and inquisitive. I was very amused by them and the silly things they come up with just over hot dogs. they were very interested in Jaiden and were all trying to "help" with her and let her sit at the big kids table with them and have a big kid cup and a cupcake. After the sweet snack they settled in for naptime - tee hee hee while I slipped out and headed home. I stopped and picked up some icecream, a balloon and tropical plant for Jared - Jaiden blew kisses to an nice older man that works as greeter. (so sweet!)

We came home and set up for a tupperware party I was having that night (Jared's birthday party is on Saturday) there were a few boys that came with their mom's so Jared enjoyed having them around to play with outside on the trampoline.

It had gotten into the 80s INSIDE so I had to turn on a/c for the first time and with the sun baking through all the windows, even with the shades drawn, it didn't cool down until after sunset. I was loving it! The party was fun, the most people I've ever had in my house at one time. 7 ladies came out - several from the neighborhood and one I'd never met. it was good to finally meet some new friends.

I finally went to bed exhausted after a busy but rewarding day. I ached all the way to the tips of my toes. When I woke this morning I felt extremely exhausted so I got up and took a B vitamin supplement right away hoping it would kick some of the blahs away. Drug myself around to get the morning routine started, felt ready to head back to bed but somehow got myself and the kids ready for the day. I had a woman's appt first thing so after dropping the boys off at school I headed to base. Dropped Jaiden off with Daddy, headed to the clinic, checked in, read a magazine, check vitals, sit forever in flimsy gown feeling very cold and bored to tears, doc comes in and chit chats about how I'm feeling, I tell her about my cronic exhaustion just like i've told every doc I've seen over the past 10 years or so - I tell her I am interested in getting back on depression meds because I just can't shake the blahs anymore, she say's "ooooh, I'm afraid you will have to go see your primary care manager, I don't deal with that" Fast forward past the routine exam, she was a super nice doctor but I am highly frustrated anyway with the fact that now I have to call back at 7am and try to get a same day appt. That is the way the appt system works - I have to drive another hour, get someone to watch Jaiden...just to go through the hoopla to talk to yet another doctor. I'm sorry, I have nothing against doctors personally but I just HATE to go to the hospital. I avoid it like the plague. Whatever it is will fall off or self heal quicker than they can figure out what is wrong.

So I leave there an even more emotional wreck than I was before - I tried to get help and they turned me away. I walk out to a blast of frigid north wind blowing so that just made my mood sooooo much better. I call hubby to let him know I am coming to pick up baby J and head to the grocery store. By the time I get there I am in tears. I am so not a crier so this is freaking me out. Why am I crying over this??? It's just a change in the weather. It's just a tiny thing. Why does something so blase have to be so detrimental to my well being? Hubby takes one look at me and knows something is up. I head to the store and a few minutes later he calls to invite me to lunch. What a sweetie! So we go to BK - grab some cheeseburgers and fries and have a nice lunch. that helps, J babe and I head home.

J babe takes a nap and I read my tupperware book and dream of organizing my cluttered pantry :) such delish colors too! I will end here and not tell you how our evening ended on a not so happy note when we tried to take J bear out to dinner and he was there 5 min and wanted to come home because he was freezing and pappa bear and mamma bear are not quite speaking to each other at the moment.

I know I am losing track of the everyday in may posting - I am soooo sorry! please forgive me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy (belated!) Birthday, Jared!

Jared's birthday is on our anniversary!

Truly Blessed said...

So sorry you had such a bad day, and that your Dr. was so unhelpful.

I hope you're able to find someone who will help.

In the meantime, it sounds like your husband is supportive, so lean a little more on him!

Happy (belated) birthday Jared!