Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thoughts



Today I am wishing it were the weekend. it's time to get up and get the kids off to school and I can't find my mojo to get going this morning. I just read on Yahoo news where a stay at home mom would earn around $138,000 if the job actually paid in anything other than smiles. But it doesn't and to earn even a smile is sometimes a struggle. There are days when I don't know what to make for dinner - like yesterday. I wanted to make something yummy, creative and eye appealing that didn't come out of a box. I drooled over cookbooks for hours and what did I come up with? Hamburger Helper - Crunchy Taco - that is so NOT thinking outside the box isn't it? My family loved it though and it only took a few minutes to prepare - if I'd spent hours preparing a meal they would probably only tasted it to be kind and then it would have sat in the fridge until it turned green.

Ok, it's getting late and the kids won't get up unless I wake them...ahhh unless it's Saturday morning and then they seem to wake at the crack of dawn.

High Ho, High Ho! :)

*Nightly Update
Today we put up a new trampoline. Our last trampoline was in Texas back in 1997? The Texas sun baked it so that Cody was jumping one day and fell right through. I really wish I'd seen the look on his face - that would have been quite a moment! He just came calmly into the house and said "uh, Mom I just fell through the trampoline" He was only around 6 or 7 at the time.

Ok, fast forward 10 years...Jared has always been a bouncy little boy full of energy and we have wanted to get him a trampoline for quite a while but have never been around in one place long enough and were overseas for two years...so anyway we are finally back in a place where we can buy stuff like that so that is what we did for his early birthday present. We spent some good family time out in the yard putting it together this afternoon and everyone pitched in to help, even Jaiden. Then we all had a turn bouncing each other around. It's amazing how much fun those things still are. I always wanted one as a kid but never had one so I get to relive some of my childhood too :)

3 comments:

Yani said...

I often find myself wishing it were Saturday morning... usually five days a week (sometimes four when it's a long weekend). As Dori would say: "Just keep swimming" -Finding Nemo

Anonymous said...

The trampoline sounds fun! Wish we had one! Maybe it would absorb some of that excessive energy my kids have!

Bet your kids will get a lot of mileage out of it!!!

Kristy said...

Oh my word; the trampoline story made me laugh out loud! What a great picture that would of been!