Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's the final countdown!!!

Wooo Hoo!!! We hit our two year anniversary of being in Germany yesterday!!!! Which means that we will be out of here in less than 365 days!!!! Let the countdown begin! Ok, I started the countdown months ago :) on our family website. I am just a tiny bit excited to go someplace WARM and SUNNY. Germany is great, it's a beautiful place to visit - which of course no one would know because no one has visited us :( It is also very lonely here and no one (in the military community)really takes the time to get to know each other or be there for each other.

Overall, It's been a great assignment and we've made lifetime friendships here. We were able to be closer to Mike and Sarah and we've seen some very interesting places. I'm going to miss the feeling of security here and the feeling that we live in a peaceful world. I may even miss driving 80-90 mph and being passed like I'm sitting still. (hmmmm...hope I don't get too many speeding tickets when we go back) But I am ready to go home.


1 comment:

M3 said...

I'd vote for California as the new locale. Couldn't be nicer in terms of weather... and of course we've got a HUGE international adoption community here. :-)