Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stuck in hibernation mode...

That is what my computer said when I tried booting it up this morning and I that is pretty much my sentiments exactly. Today it is so COLD. We are wearing our winter sweats and cuddling under blankets to keep from lighting a fire. The one month of summer was pretty extreme but it was nice while it lasted. It went from being cold in June, HOT in Jul, to chilly and rainy in Aug! Great weather!!!! NOT :P I am ready for a REAL summer that lasts and lasts. The one hot month with no air conditioning is not what summer is all about.

I miss:
Summer showers and skipping through puddles

Ice cream every day

watching water bead up on a glass of ice cold sweet tea

the taste of ice cold sweet tea on a hot sultry afternoon

crickets chirping, toads croaking

walking barefoot

sitting in a sunbeam and letting the warmth of the sun melt away my worries

and oh so much more....the dark gloomy weather is giving me a migraine so I can't blog very long today. Hope that you are having a happy sunshine day where ever you may be! :)

What are YOUR favorite summertime activities/memories??? Please do tell!

*On a more positive note - Sarah just arrived for a one week visit!!! Our first family to visit us in our new home :) Yay!!!!

3 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Yep, I enjoyed our month of summer too. I'm sitting here in England with my winter PJs and a hot cup of tea...Michelle Denes

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim,
I just had to write a comment because your daughter is beautiful and we are military also stationed in D.C area. Our very first tour was right thre in Bitburg and I miss it sooo much.I miss the food and traveling. We are just starting out this second adoption journey but first for China. I would love to talk more about how things worked for you being over seas. With the rate of speed things are going right now I wouldn't be suprised if we pcs before we get a referral. UGGGH!!!! I don't have a blog yet but you can email us. Try to enjoy everything while you can because it goes fast and when you have your daughter it will go faster. Hope to hear from you soon.
Erin

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»