Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Is it realy the last day of May?

Because it sure as the world feels like mid DECEMBER about now. I cannot believe it is the last day of May. I remember May so fondly from my youth as being a happy month. A month of firsts; first flowers, first new outfits of summer, first trips to the POOL, first days of SUMMER Vacation, hours and hours spent outdoors...Shoot me, just shoot me now! It's almost JUNE and we are still in the very low 50s here in Germany. It got down into the 30s in the night - Uuuuuugh! Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely cannot stand to be cold??? I think maybe once or twice - I guess if I LOVED the cold it would be sweltering hot right now. Has anyone ever died from extremely long winters??? I don't know but I am dragging through life and can't seem to find the energy to make it anymore. And now my feeble body has decided that now is the time to give in to the nasty cold and flu season that I somehow managed to escape without so much as a sniffle. So I am off to bed to muddled dreams in my mink blankets while visions of sunbeams dance through my head. Enjoy summer and please drop me a line sometime to let me know what a sunbeam feels like - I have now completely forgotten. Now I can understand where dark poetry comes from - the poets must have lived in Germany.