Sunday, May 14, 2006

A tribute to a special Mother

Today I woke up thinking about our daughter and the fact that she should have been here by now. She should have woken us with her smile and laughter...but then I started thinking about the one who gave her life. She is the one that concieved my child, she is the one that carried my child in her for 9 months and she is the one that gave her a chance to live. She is the one that lovingly placed my child in a safe place where she could be found quickly and taken to someone who would care for her and give her the life she could not. She is the one who will forever wonder what her child becomes. She will wonder if she is healthy, happy and loved. She will wonder if she looks like her and how many of the same likes and dislikes that she has. She will pass along through her genes certain features that are uniquely hers but she will never know that. She'll never be able to go to her school play and proudly say "that's my girl". She'll never be able to blush with sheer joy and weep with inner torment as someone takes her hand in marriage and promises to love and cherish her forever. She will never know how many grandchildren look just like her. But the one thing I pray for her today and every Mother's day from now until forever is that her sacrifice will never be forgotten and I am truly grateful that she gave the gift of life to my daughter.

No comments: