Thursday, June 29, 2006

Downgraded to coach? Oh no, make that second hand luggage!!!

Well it's finally happened - I should have known it would eventually, I mean a girl can't enjoy Princess status forever I suppose. It's now official that I've been downgraded to the status of second hand luggage.

I asked my Mom (hi Mom! If you are reading this stop right now or proceed with caution. I had to blog this because I really don't think anyone will ever believe me anyway) yes I asked my MOTHER, the person that gave me birth, if she would come and visit me in Germany. She could have come up with a million good excuses I'm sure but this was her reply "I heard that people that travel overseas often lose their luggage and this FREAKED me out - so I'll just see you when you get back here in a year!!!" Ok, it freaked me out that my 72 year old Mom used the terminology "freaked me out" in the first place but to have her freaked out about losing luggage...this is incredible! I mean she still has clothes in her closet from the 50s! Obviously they are a bit more valuable than her only daughter.

So...I guess I must not be as important to her as the outfits in her suitcase would have been. It's only been 2 years since we've seen each other and will be another year before we are able to get back to America. But what difference does that make when you have luggage to think about?

Yes, I am a bit annoyed and hurt that I can't even get my MOM to visit. No one seems to care that we are here all alone and no one will even consider visiting us. Anyone want to adopt me? It seems I'm available but not of much value :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, How stinkin' funny. Well, I had to give birth to a human being to get Erik's mom to visit us! And it still didn't get my mom over here. I feel ya.

Suzanne said...

yikes.

Would you like some ketchup with those worms?

She probably has some other deeper and more legitimate reason that she may not even know yet, and the luggage excuse is just placeholding until she sorts it out. Still, what a bummer for you!

I think a slice of strudel is warrented.

Best,

Suzanne