Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Sun-day to you!!!

It's another beautiful day in the Eifel - looks like summer may stay around for a while. We are truly enjoying the warmer temps and full days of sunshine. Scott and I took a bike ride around the "neighborhood" yesterday. Our neighborhood consists of many hills so most of our ride was either going downhill at breakneck speed (me) while Scott rode his brakes (shicken) or going uphill me walking my bike(since I can't figure out the gearshift on my mountain bike), Scott (man'o'iron)going up no problem. The countryside is so beautiful and besides my itchy, scratchy eyes - the farmers were cutting hay...we had a great ride. Our muscles are screaming at us today though! No this getting in shape idea is not without pain but I must I must I must. I wanted to take my camera but my bike has no contraptions for holding anything so I had to juggle my water bottle the whole time - I'm thinking of getting a Holly Hobby basket...like my bike when I was 7 :) Think they might sell them on Ebay???

No comments: