Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Today is the anniversary of our Log In Date. Who would have thought that a year later we would still be waiting for a referral? This is very depressing. That and the fact I turn 35 tommorrow. My dream was to have a lot of children by now. My life plan did not work out the way I had hoped it would. So I know it is "our month" and I am trying to be excited - really I am. But not much excites me right now. This diet I started has taken on a serious reversal - I am gaining weight instead of losing it and I have been eating healthier, drinking lots of water and excersizing but I am just tired and achy and HEAVY! BLAH Like gravity is sucking me down into the earth. Summer has finally come to the Eifel and I have been enjoying basking in the sun as much as possible but even that doesn't seem to help boost my energy level...and I can't tan! Darn this red headed pale skin!

3 comments:

Suz said...

Kim, I'm sorry you're having a down day. The wait is HORRIBLE no matter which adoption path you take. Just know that you're not alone and you're being lifted up by other adoptive families who have been there, are there right now with you (me) or will be there soon!

eastmoormom said...

Happy Birthday.

when i feel down, and disapointed and blah..i give myself a full 24 hours to feel bad and then i make myself get over it. that way i can allow the feelings but ensure that it doesn't over take me...

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greetings to you, Kim - or should I say, "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!" Hope today is going better for you. Hang in there, girl - and Carpe diem! (Seize the day! - my old college motto) Remember, God has plans for you - see Jeremiah 29:11 - and they are worth the wait!