Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ever the optimist



I just did something that may be the dumbest thing I've done all year but I'm hoping not...I just planted a garden. In it is Big Boy tomatoes, Marigolds and peppers. 16 pepper plants of 4 different varieties. This will be my "project of hope" for the summer. The mornings here are still cool (40s) but yesterday it got into the high 70s and today it is nearing 80 in the shade...still cool 40s this morning though. I also bought some Johnny Jump Ups (my happy plant) and some verbena to plant in pots on the deck. So for $20.98 I have the beginnings of something wonderful :) "Life" in a garden!

Daddy got a new bbq grill and a weed eater last night so I think we are about ready for some warmer temps to head our way.

Anyone care to join me for some lemonaid?

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Dude ! I'm there !!
(I am also "aching" for warm weather)
I have a bunch of stuff in our greenhouse and am dying to get all the plants out and plant them! My excuse? I've been sick, and too busy........**sigh**

Truly Blessed said...

You are SOOOO a "woman of faith!" (faith that it won't freeze again!)

I'm waiting until after May 8th to do any planting here (in Michigan) -- so while you're enjoying your yummy early vegetables, I'll just be dreaming of mine!