Sunday, April 29, 2007

May Photo Challenge


* Jared loves to help; here he is helping in the garden with the tomatoes that he helped plant and maintain last summer...he loved eating them too!
My pal Monica over at 3 Dumplings is having a May photo challenge. Take a photo or share something about yourself every day of May so I am going to nominate Jared for this challenge since May is his birthday month and he will be turning 6 on May 9th.

Jared is my miracle baby. He came along at a time when we had giving up ever getting pregnant. We'd been to every doctor we could find and they all said that nothing was wrong with us. Scott and I both had biological children separately but tried for 5 years to concieve a baby and many painful months went by went without anything happening. Friends jokingly gave advice and said "just when you least expect it". Well, that came right after we moved from Texas to Missouri. We concieved the week we arrived. I knew the exact moment almost because just as with son #1 I became violently ill. I stayed violently ill for 4 months. At times I just wanted to move my blankie and pillow to the bathroom so I wouldn't have to drag myself out of bed for the dozenth time that hour. I was exhausted and dehydrated, couldn't even keep ice down for longer than 5 minutes.

In month #5 I was out feeding the horses (on a cold icy winters day) and they got a bit frisky and one of them turned around and kicked at the other and caught me instead - right in the ribcage on my right side, sending me sprawling on my butt on the ice. I was scared to death. I ran inside and lay down, praying to God that my baby was ok. I was ok, just a bit sore on the seat but my ribs were bruised a bit. Baby J was a very active boy and just pummelled me with everything he had - I could feel his little fists and his knees and feet in every corner of my uterus...and his favorite excercise spot was just inside my right side ribcage (where the horse caught me)

After 8.5 months I was in tears and begging the doc to induce, induce, induce! He was a healthy little guy and fully developed enough that they did induce two weeks early and he was born 9 May 2001 at 4:35 on a Wednesday morning weighing in at 8 lbs 2oz. When they placed him into my arms he looked up at me with the biggest blue eyes and I just melted! I'd never wanted to hold a baby until him; I'd always been afraid. He fit into my arms like he was born to be there and became my "Jare-bear" from that moment. He is my cuddle bug and no matter what he is doing will always come give me the biggest bear hugs!

He loves sports; he was born during baseball season and attended his first game at 2 days old. It's been his passion ever since he was old enough to hold a bat and long before he could walk he was dragging a bat, ball and glove around the house asking anyone he could find to "play ball?" He has an awesome pitching arm - I am amazed at how straight he can through it. Mommy tries to throw some to him on occassion but my throws are all over the place.

I will try to post more "Jare-bear-isms" this month along with the photos. I may post some "flashbacks" of him as a baby bear too so check in often. Please don't forget to post commentation. Thank You! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are joining in on the creativity challenge for May! I'm looking foward to seeing all your photos!

Suzanne said...

Hey, thanks for the May challenge info. I'm going to do it too. :)