Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good Morning Beautiful Day!

It's always so beautiful after a rain isn't it? Yesterday it poured. Not raindrops but trials and tribulations of every form. Let me just say that Friday the 13th and PMS is not a good mix but through the Grace of God and help of a good drug called MIDOL I was able to get through it.

Here's how it started out:
- Trying to order furniture online proved fruitless...got all the way to checkout and then the site server was down. It took me hours to find the right pieces and measure them out so I was soooo not happy about this. Having clutter all over the place is making me a little edgy and off balance...I know I need to get a grip on it but there is not a place to put it.
- Chloe had pooped on the floor 3 times by 10 am
- Jaiden got disturbed from her morning nap...which throws her off schedule and then she's grumpy the rest of the day...due to my loud Noooooo at finding the puppy in the midst of poop #3. I know, I know you are not suppose to yell at a puppy.

But the 7's saved me - It was the 7th month anniversary of adopting our little girl Jaiden and the 7th day of having our puppy Chloe....oh and we gave a $7 tip to our waiter.

My dear sweet husband whom is a very patient soul, took me out to dinner last night. We ate at Red Lobster and I had a "crabby" feast thanks to the suggestion of my eldest son. King Crab Legs, Crab Linguini, and a nice steak...topped off with chocolate cake. Yummy! (We had a $50 gift certificate from our realtor and used all but $5 of it) Everything was extrordinarily delicious - I haven't had crab since Destin in 03'. Sooooo good! I could almost imagine being on a beach, listening to the waves crash onshore and watching a magnificent sunset.

After dinner we went to Office Max - I think I found a desk set I can live with; even though it is pressed wood (GASP!) Being in Germany gave me a new outlook on furntiture and the pressed wood stuff just doesn't do it for me anymore...but since my unfinished furniture caper I've decided to settle on something closer to home. This set is antique black and from a distance almost is a close runner up for real wood. We haven't decided yet if we are going to purchase it or not...the jury is still out on that one.

Then we went to Best Buy in search of a new dishwasher since it seems the one that we got with the house is about to crap out on us. we got distracted by the big screens and then things got really stressful. We've been talking about getting a big screen for years but were waiting till our last move...I guess we aren't there yet so we need to keep waiting. found a great set for a great price and they were even going to throw in a $400 gift card with the purchase of the floor model but with me not working right now and lots of new furniture to pay for yet, hubby (the ever practical one) felt this was not the time for it. Now that we've slept on it, I am glad he wouldn't let us get it - the floor model has been on from open to close since they installed it in the store, how much longer could it possibly last? I'd rather spend the extra money and get a brand new one that hasn't been used and abused.

So that's how it goes. today we are installing a garage attic ladder (should be fun), replacing the piece o crap mailbox that never stays shut (I was starting to think we had vandals when we first moved in because the mailbox was always open) This house (built in 2004) has a LOT of issues - the previous owners cut a LOT of corners and did a lot themselves - or rather left a lot undone...like the driveway which is only 1/4 of the way poured. Windows which were previously used and will not open, have broken seals and therefore leak....plus many many other "issues" we must deal with over the next year. Only a year (that is a blessing) because my dear husband announced last night he would like to retire next fall :) YAY!!! We can leave this frozen land!

I am dreaming of walking barefoot and planting roses in February and petunias in March....:)

No comments: