Saturday, April 21, 2007

The morning after...



Good Morning World! Last night was my first night home alone in our new house and this is how it went...

Surfed Blogland until around 9 pm - that's when glass #2 of wine started kicking in my head and made me doubt once again my ability to ever become an alcoholic - not that I'd want to be but just in case. Made me remember once again that drinking alone is not much fun.

Around 1030 pm sirens started wailing (outside of my head) the wind had been kickin it for a while and there was some rain - headed down to the basement and flipped on the weather channel to see what was happening...nothing...so I went back to bed. I've realized that being alone in a thunderstorm isn't as much fun either.

So I've come to the conclusion that being single may not be the life for me after all. For some, it's a great life and I am not sayng it's all that bad - but I am blessed with great kids and a great husband so when they get on my nerves and rub me the wrong way I will try to remember these moments of silence surrounding me now and how much I'd really enjoy a good morning hug...and someone to cook pancakes for on Saturday morning.

*Afternoon update

My morning turned out well after all. I spent a few hours trying to perform surgery on the rec room - something like a "While You were out" episode but all I really acomplished was moving the sofas around and getting some of the clutter moved into different locations. It's starting to look like a room that can become a tv, rec, office, play room eventually.

at 9 am i was picked up for my "date" of garage sailing. We sailed our way around town without a map so it took us a while to figure out where the houses were located. It's still not quite spring here and the weather today was overcast and cool but there were dozens of people out and they beat us to the good stuff. Lot's of moving sales and great deals for under $1 so we made out pretty well overall anyway. I now have enough reading material to get me through if winter decides to hang around a little while longer. Books were only a quarter so I stocked up :) It's been a while (a long while) since I've been garage sailing - it was a LOT of fun! As an observer I tried to get good techniques for merchandising items for quick sale when I have my clutter buster sale...whenever the driveway is completed. One sale literally started at 11 oclock - by 1055 there was a LINE at the garage door waiting for it to open! I'd never seen such a thing - a little old lady was the first in line and as the garage door was going up she was bending over to try to squeeze in first!!! It was a mad grab for the goodies like I'd never seen before! Reminded me of a feeding fest at the pyrahna tank.

We stopped at Harry's Bottle Shop on the way through town (I'd never been there before) and found Kahlua on sale :) and an American made Moscato :) So now I have a well stocked supply of alcohol for the bar that I do not have to support the alcoholic that I am not...but if anyone cares to come by for a visit cocktails are available upon request :)

After lunch at Subway...my favorite are the cookies! we headed on for the last of the sales, found some more cute stuff we couldn't live without and more books for my growing collection. I spent way more at the liquor store than at the sales so I'm wondering about my objectives of the day - do I need rehab? Hmmmm...maybe Let's just hope that my life as a single person ends soon so that I can resume my mommy duties and go back to milk bottles instead of liquor bottles.

So here are the books I bought; just incase anyone is interested in doing a book review with me:

Special Delivery - Danielle Steele

Family Blessings - Lavyrle Spencer

Sullivan's Woman - Nora Roberts

Camden Summer - Lavyrle Spencer

Message in a Bottle - Nicholas Sparks (*this was the 3rd time I'd seen this book today so I figured it had to be a sign or a really good read so for .25 I figured I'd try to find out)

Which should I start with? Anyone?

...Or should I finish my "While you were out project?" In that case I need to head out for some more cleaning supplies and maybe some crafty storage units.

No comments: