Friday, April 20, 2007

"Let those without sin cast the first stone"

I know this post will probably get me "flamed" but this week has been very disturbing and thought provoking and I just wanted to share my thoughts about the V.Tech incident since my opinion probably will not be heard anywhere else.

It is heartbreaking that this happened and the fact that the young man that did it felt it "had to happen" and that no one ever listened. Only God knew how much pain he was in when he snapped. He'd been living a life of a very tortured child and it was not a sudden descision but a lifetime of hatred built upon a lifetime of pain.

So my question is this...How many young people live in a world where life passes them by and never even slows down long enough to notice they exist? Loneliness and insecurity are hard things to live with when there is no one that will listen. Even when they try to reach out someone is there to judge and criticize until finally they stop reaching out. Are they not worthy of life? Who are we to judge? God will be our judge and it's not our place to put others down for a sin when we are just as guilty ourselves for our failure to reach out.

2 comments:

Sherry Mc said...

Amen Kim. A very hard and sad lesson to be learned there and I am so afraid that as history shows, the lesson will be ignored. Maybe there is some hope tho. Through my grandkids I've learned that they now have weekly sessions with their counselors approaching just that issue - getting along with everyone. I pray it works. Sherry McCormick

E. said...

It's so sad to me that 1) mental health is still such a taboo subject (clearly there were mental health issues no one addressed, or "forced" him to address) and 2) mass murder before suicide has become the thing to do if you're angry at the world and want to die. It is enraging and it makes me feel completely helpless - feeling like any angry person thinks they have the "right" to take a life.
I don't know where the solution begins, but it has to be found!!! As I said in my blog - where is the line between protecting someone's right to own a gun and someone's right to live/not be shot? (I'm not anti-gun, I'm pro-stricter gun laws. You can't buy a car without learning how to use it first...)