Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What?

After a rather long day cooped up inside I go to Walmart for some me time....

"Do you have any vegetable plants?" I ask the young garden center man tonight after he shows me the SEEDS "No, we won't get any LIVE plants in for another 2 weeks" so I pick up some pansies (they are supposed to be cold tolerant) "What are you doing with all those plants?" the lady checking me out at walmart asks..."well, I thought I'd maybe PLANT them" I reply. "Where are you from? She asks and then "Have you ever spent a winter here?" Oh great...this place is getting better every minute. It's so stinkin cold here! Urrrgh! I NEED to be warm, I NEED to plant things - my soul gets fed in a garden and I feel like I am shriveling up inside. Where is the life to this place? The gloom of death has been hanging above us since we arrived here and the gloominess of winter is just not helping.

No comments: