Saturday, April 21, 2007

Single

Well hubby finally did it, he just took the kids and left me. I knew things were getting pretty stretched thin between us but never thought it would come down to this...

Ok, now really do you think that my sweet loving and PATIENT hubby would do something like that? Me maybe, but not him. He's really off to see his Mom for the weekend. I opted to stay behind because

#1 his mom's not really an animal person and we have a brand new puppy (just two weeks home today)

#2 my wounds are still sore from the last visit...I know I should feel "closer" to them since we are now only 3 hours apart but when I'm there I still feel like I'm from another planet and they wish I'd go back there and stay.

#3 my mother in law still smokes...even though just last month we said goodbye to Dad who died too soon from terminal lung cancer. I have a sore spot there that runs deep. My stepfather died of lung cancer when I was only 9. I get severely sick from the smell of smoke and father in law got fighting mad over that so our relationship never was close...and I stayed as far away as possible until now when hubby desperately needed to be by his dad. We never imagined we'd only have 2 months to say goodbye.

Ok, this was meant to be a happier post; where did I get sidetracked? Oh reality, that's right. I do have a happy thing to post about though...

I have a date!!!!

In just minutes after hubby left the phone was ringing off the hook....ok just kidding! My husbands co-workers wife called to invite me garage sailing tommorrow YIPPEE!!! I have a soft spot for spotting bargains...and maybe I'll get lucky and find some sort of storage ideas for all of my crapola lying in heaps around my house.

The 5,000 pieces of the office jigsaw puzzle is nearing completion. Hubby put the finishing touches on it this afternoon before he left and we lifted the hutch into place - now it just needs to be anchored in place, which envolves moving the entire unit away from the wall again so I need to do some clutter control sometime this weekend between chocolate, shopping and blogging till the wee hours of the morning! :)

So...it's just me and the pup...it sure is quiet around here and they've only been gone for about an hour or so. I miss them already!

1 comment:

tundrachica said...

When I get those "single" moments, I take full advantage of it. But I have never been able to get a whole night of single. I'm not sure...but I think I might enjoy it for a bit.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Living on the tundra allows me to learn about several interests and hobbies, some that I never imagined I would enjoy, such as, blogging. :)